Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
1. Create an account or use any of our services (example: name, address, credit card number, government identification number);
2. Request assistance from our customer support team (example: phone number);
3. Complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (example: email); Or
4. Otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you (example: surveys, contests etc).
However, in delivering our services we may also collect additional information from you. This is to ensure that we can continue to provide top-quality performance to you, our client.
The way that we may collect additional information from you may not be obvious, as such, we wanted to highlight and explain what this could be and how and why it could be collected.
1) Account related information: this is information that is collected from you when you use our service. This could include your account number, trading history, correspondence with our Support Team and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
3) Data about Usage of Services: this is automatically collected when you use and engage with our services, and can include metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information can include specific data about your interactions with our services, content and links (including those of third-parties, such as social media plugins), IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time the services were used, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the services (such as type of device, what operating system is used etc), and some of this data collected may be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
4) Supplemented Data: this may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data from. However, if you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services or we may provide information about you to your nominated financial adviser with your explicit permission. These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions which prohibit them from storing, sharing or utilising your personal data for any other purpose that for what they have been specifically contracted for.